We’re looking for a commercially minded, strategic communicator to join our team as Account Director. You’ll oversee the development and delivery of integrated campaigns for clients predominately within the property sector.
Working alongside senior directors, you’ll also play a key role in the agency’s growth plan – leading a key account and mentoring team members.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of five years’ agency experience, who believes in our company values and enjoys working as part of a close-knit team.
- Oversee a key client / portfolio of smaller clients
- Leading productive teams to ensure outstanding results and efficient working
- Providing strategic counsel to clients and account teams
- Adding value to account teams through innovation
- Taking overall responsibility for your clients’ strategic plans and budgets
- Developing and drafting new business proposals
- Leading conceptual campaign briefs and contributing to creative direction
- Ensure the timely delivery of services
- Resolve issues to maintain and strengthen customer trust
- Hold monthly 1-2-1s with assigned team members
- Attending bi-annual performance reviews, preparing staff development plans, advising on staff training requirements
- Wellbeing and team development — support junior members of the team to grow in confidence and nurture their skillset.
What the successful candidate looks like:
- Inspirational – must possess strong motivational skills, a positive and passionate attitude which inspires the team to achieve the best results for our clients through exemplar leadership
- Magnetic – you’re a person who is exceptional at building relationships – a person who is regarded as a go-to person by clients and colleagues alike
- Motivated and ambitious – must believe and be invested in J2’s vision and committed to helping us reach our goals
- Talented – must bring creativity, strategic thinking, and your own set of unique skills to the team
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant creative agency experience
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and metrics
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Managing and mentoring direct reports
The following experience is preferable but not essential:
- Exposure to the property or related sectors
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Annual company bonus scheme (discretionary based on performance)
- 3% company contribution to pension
- 25 days holiday, plus extra days at Christmas
- Additional holiday through loyalty bonus scheme
- Professional development training
- Flexible working – 2 days WFH / 3 days Studio based
- Flexible hours between 7am – 8pm
- Regular company socials and away days
- Access to wellbeing hub
- You’ll be joining a 20-year business with a start-up mindset.